Feels like a Beta version
Great concept for a game but it feels unfinished and unpolished. Almost like and Alpha or Beta version.
The evolution points formula doesn't seem to make any sense. A virus or anything evolves as it multiplies, and as such the more people infected the more points you should have, except that's not how it works. It seems to be time based, such that as long as new people are infected, or dying every 3 ticks you get more points with diminishing returns as the game progresses. As such it makes sense to sell all symptoms and have the lowest visibility/infection spreadability as possible and just sit there to gain evo points.
The way the virus spreads is weird too, as it will pretty much never spread to another country unless its reached a critical number in a home country. As if 1 out of the 10,000 already infected is never someone who goes to another country.
Countries will continue to shut down airports, close boarders, switch to bottled water and so forth even when every person in the country is infected.
Countries will start closing boarders, airports, harbors, even when there is no visibility, no symptoms, and no lethality.
It's a good concept and could be a great game, but as it is its only okay.
What is up with the game mechanics?
I'm a little confused. The vaccine is finished and being distributed to the states with the most infected people. Almost all my states have either no infected or are declining yet for some reason in states that have little to no deaths or infected there is looting and rioting for no reason. Suddenly despite most of the country being immunized and everything getting better almost every uninfected state just starts looting and rioting for no reason. Doesn't make any sense. It's a great concept and I can tell you put a lot of work into this. I think you just need to tweek the game mechanics.
Nice game but needs a few adjustment to be great
This is a nice concept. It was made well and runs pretty smoothly even when there are tons of units on the field. I do have some suggestions should you choose to remake this or make a number 2.
1. Get rid of the unit stun when they get hit. Some units attack slow, others fast, and units can get into a stun lock so they don't attack as often as they should or even at all. When I upgraded all the arrow towers I could just hold down all four buttons and all but the biggest 2 enemy units couldn't move at all.
2. For the most part some of the upgrades are completely useless. The tower cannon, and the trap in my opinion are not worth anything. Neither are the castle health upgrade or the barrier except on the final boss.
3. The arrows you shoot are overpowered. If you use them right you pretty much only need your units for offense and not defense.
4. Aside from the first couple levels the beginning units are pointless. For the rest of the game both yours and the enemies are totally ineffective for anything. Figure out a way, probably using the upgrades that they can still be used for... something.
5. Set a maximum exp you can earn on each level. Otherwise you can simply leave the enemy castle alone and just keep killing units to get exp.
6. It was too easy. The only part I ever thought I might lose on was the final boss.
Don't get me wrong. It is still a good game and it is well made. I think that if these suggestions were implemented well this game would be excellent.
The game loads completely, gets to the title screen. I press spacebar and the screen goes black and sits there indefinetally. if I scoll up or down it will still show the title screen again saying to press space bar, but again when I do it goes to the black screen.
That probably means you need to update your version of flash player....it works for everyone else!
I had an error occur
Similar to the others I reached the $5000 benchmark and then it stopped doing anything. I right clicked and hit play and it told me I was now at the $100,000 and that I had 2 new life lines and then again it stopped. I right clicked again and clicked play and it told me I got a question wrong but I got to leave here with $100,000. Also the question I got wrong was one I already had answered correctly earlier.
The newest uploaded version should have that problem fixed.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.